Some people drawn to witchcraft or the hidden faiths are drawn because they want change or control over their life. Some because they feel they have never felt at peace with the faith they were handed when they were impressionable. Some are looking for a way to explain the hideous way the world has treated them. This article is for those last ones.
In almost every faith, there are shamans. Google will tell you that shamans are: “a person regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of good and evil spirits, especially among some peoples of northern Asia and North America. Typically such people enter a trance state during a ritual, and practice divination and healing.”
However, you’ll find them in Polynesia, in Africa, and in Europe, just under different names. What do they all have in common? They are doctors and nurses, just in the reality of their patient for which is unseen. They heal your soul through various means. Each practitioner will have their own beliefs and techniques to accomplish the same thing, and that is to repair, either through astral projection and soul retrieval, or in narrative repair, or even shadow work.
I have a list of items that if you meet, you should consider looking into shamanism, as it is practiced within your faith. In my faith, we are commonly called witchdoctors. We are doctors of a spiritual and emotional operation. We heal through song, dance, motivating, planning, talking, magical rituals, and trance. What the world could use right now, is more of us. So, let’s see if you’re a good fit.
You might want to consider being a shaman/witchdoctor if:
- You have a family of ‘gifted’ people, and feel you can connect to others deeply and even connect to spirit
- Were you born with a physical abnormality?
- They say that people of African decent or red hair have the ability to contact the dead more than other races and genes, but I don’t have any evidence to back this up.
- Physical impairments
- Were you struck by lighting?
- Surviving a life-threatening experience
- Have an illness with unrecognizable symptoms, which doctors can’t comprehend – its a strong sign of spiritual illness and a calling to shamanism
- Coming back from an apparent death
- Suffering from chronic or incurable pain
- An uncanny closeness to nature
- Disliking large gatherings because you’re introverted, and really enjoy spending time with yourself (not alone), despite having a social life. Shamans are travelers to other dimensions, even traveling to the dimension of the person you are talking to by relating and feeling what their experience is, takes much study alone first
- Deja vu,
- Seeing in people what they don’t see in themselves, or ways to heal people or situations
- Are you part of the LGBTQ+ community? Those who are connected to both genders are seen as having a higher connection to humanity and its spirit.
- Seeing the same animal or teacher in your drams
- Having vivid dreams
- Feeling shifts when large people change in our world, either for good or for bad
- Having feelings of a spiritual calling, but not feeling that the church is the way for you
- Going through many traumatic experiences prepares you to help others with theirs.
If you have quite a few of these, it may be time to seek a teacher and start your training to becoming a Shaman.
Is there stigma? Sure. I’ve only recently gone public with my practice, but know this deep down: you are helping people. You are meeting your destiny.
You are helping people.
you are helping people
You are helping people.
Remember that you can always start your training with me at http://www.alycardinalli.com. I, like many other shamans, am very introverted, so I do all of my work remotely, working with students and clients through video chat.
And I always recommend that you read read read. Some of my favorite books are: “Animal Speak”, “Shamanic Journeying”, “Soul Retrieval”, “The Way of the Shaman”, and of course I have more if you exhaust this. Feel free to reach out if you would like to being your own healer journey. Let’s make more healers accessible to the world.